Panbang Fishing Tour
Total Duration: 10 Days - 9 Nights of Bhutan Fishing Tour. Fishing Days : 1 Day.
This is a part of the Eco Camp trail in Zhemgang. Pangbang Eco Camp lies at about one hour walk from Pangbang town. Some of the activities initiated by the organizers include canoe excursion, jeep drive, bird watching walks and elephant back safari.
It belongs to the Zhemgang district, although it lies in the southern part of the country bordering to the neighboring India. It is just 13 km away from the International border.
It falls under the protected area of the Royal Manas National Park. Royal Manas National Park represents the largest example of tropical and sub-tropical ecosystems in Bhutan. Lying in south central Bhutan, Manas is connected at the southern border with India’s Manas Tiger Reserve, a World Heritage Site. To the north it borders the Jigme Singye Wangchuck National Park. Royal Manas was designated a wildlife sanctuary in 1966 making it Bhutan’s oldest protected area.
Manas River was open for fishing recently. This is very nice opportunity to fish in truly Tropical River flowing through dense jungle. Accommodation can be arranged in basic community lodges or camping in the Panbang eco camp.
Two major rivers of Bhutan namely Drangme chhu and Mangde chhu rivers comes together in Pangbang forming the Drangme Chhu Basin. A wide species of fish is recorded here by various research institutes all across the country.
The fish species recorded in this area are : Anguilla bengalensis, Aspidoparia Morar, Barilius Bendelisis, Raiamas Bola, Danio Dangila, Psilorhynchus Balitora, Acanthocobitis Botia, Schistura Sp., Mystus cf.dibrugarensis, Batasio Fasciolatus, Gagata Cenia, Bagarius Bagarius, Xenentodon Cancila, Macrognathus, Morehensis, Badis badis.
- DETAILED ITINERARY
- PACKAGE INFO
- BOOK THIS PACKAGE
||Arrival in Paro Airport
||Hotel in Paro
||Paro to Thimphu
||Hotel in Thimphu
||Thimphu to Trongsa
||Hotel in Trongsa
||Trongsa to Zhemgang
||Hotel in Zhemgang
||Zhemgang to Gelephu
||Hotel in Gelephu
||Gelephu to Pangbang eco camp
||Pangbang eco camp
||Fishing in Pangbang
||Pangbang eco camp
||Panbang to Gelephu
||Hotel in Paro
||Gelephu to Bagdogra
||Hotel in Bagdogra
||Departures from Bagdogra
Day 1: Arrival in Paro Airport.
- Our representative from Bhutanitis Travels will greet you at the airport and transfer you to the hotel.
- Visit Drukgyel Dzong (now under reconstruction), you can also catch a glimpse of Mt Jomolhari.
- Dinner and overnight stay in hotel in Paro.
Day 2: Paro to Thimphu.
- After breakfast, start your hike towards Taktshang (Tiger’s Nest). It is the most visited tourist destination in Bhutan.
- After lunch visit Paro Rinpung Dzong and Ta Dzong (the National Museum).
- Dinner and overnight halt in a hotel in Paro.
Day 3: Thimphu to Trongsa.
- After breakfast, drive towards Trongsa.
- On the way halt in Dochula pass for photography.
- We halt in Lobesa for lunch. Afterwards visit Punakha Dzong.
- Drive towards Trongsa.
- Dinner and overnight halt in a hotel in Trongsa.
Day 4: Trongsa to Zhemgang.
- After breakfast, visit Chendebji lhakang.
- Drive towards Zhemgang.
- Dinner and overnight stay will be in a hotel in Zhemgang.
Day 5: Zhemgang to Gelephu.
- After breakfast, drive towards Gelephu. A southern border town.
- Dinner and overnight halt in a hotel in Gelephu.
Day 6 : Gelephu to Pangbang.
- After breakfast, drive to Pangbang . Approximately 45km drive from Gelephu. Today you will spend the whole day fishing in the Drangme Chhu River in Panbang. .
- Lunch will be served in the camp.
- Dinner and overnight stay will be in Panbang eco campsite.
Day 7: Fishing in Pangbang.
- Today also we spend the day fishing in Drangme chhu.
- If you do not wish to do fishing, you can also have a jungle safari in this eco camp as well as bird watching.
- Dinner and overnight stay will be in Panbang eco campsite
Day 8: Pangbang to Gelephu.
- After breakfast, commence your journey towards Gelephu.
- In the evening you are free to explore the local markets and the town of Gelephu.
- Dinner and overnight halt will be in a hotel in Gelephu.
Day 9: Gelephu to Bagdogra.
- After breakfast, drive towards Bagdogra, the nearest Airport from Gelephu.
- Dinner and overnight halt will be in a hotel in Siliguri, west Bengal.
Day 10: Departures from Paro.
- After breakfast, your transport will drive you to the Airport and bid you farewell.
- All Meals [Breakfast /Lunch/Dinner].
- Accommodation [Twin Sharing] Single Room. Supplement Extra US $: 40 per room per night.
- All transportation within the country including airport transfers.
- Royalty & Govt. Taxes.
- Entrance fees for Museums and Monuments.
- English speaking Local guide.
Package Does Not Include
- Druk Air fares.
- Insurance Premiums.
- Payments for service provided on a personal basis.
- Cost for any services not mentioned in the “Cost Include head”.
- Cost incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc.
- Personal expense in items such as laundry, soft drinks, Camera Charges, Bottle water.
- Incidentals, Portage, Bellboy charges tips or any other services.
- Visa Fees
BOOK THIS PACKAGE