Day 1: Arrive at Bagdogra, drive to Phuentsholing.
Bagdogra is the nearest Indian airport to bordering town of Phuentsholing. Phuentsholing lies in the border of India and Bhutan. Considered as the commercial hub of the country, Phuentsholing is the largest border town in Bhutan.
Species of Birds Available: Black Kite, Rose-ringed Parakeet, Red-breasted Parakeet, Coppersmith Barbet, Lineated Barbet, Rufous-necked Hornbill, Ibisbill, River Lapwing, Black Eagle, Rufous-bellied Eagle, Great Egret, House Crow, Maroon Oriole, Oriental Magpie Robin, Common Stonechat, Chestnut-tailed Starling, Barn Swallow, Oriental White-eye, Mountain Tailorbird, and House Sparrow.
- Our representative from Bhutanitis Travels will receive you at the Airport and drive you until Phuentsholing.
- Dinner and overnight stay in a hotel in Phuentsholing.
Day 2: Phuentsholing to Thimphu.
Bird species Available: Hill Partridge, Red Crossbill, Spotted Nutcracker, Black-faced Laughing Thrush, Rusty-checked Scimitar Babbler, White-browed Fulvetta, Grey-crested Tit, Green-backed Tit, Red-headed Bullfinch, Rufous-vented Tit, Rufous-bellied Woodpecker, Grey-capped Pygmy Woodpecker, Speckled Piculet, Crimson-breasted Woodpecker, Darjeeling Woodpecker, Yellow-billed Blue Magpie, Hodgson's Redstart, Grey-backed Shrike, White-capped Water Restart, Plumbeous Water Redstart, Common Sandpiper, Ibisbill, Great Cormorant, Common Merganser, Wall creeper, Red-crested Pochard, Ruddy Shelduck, Eurasian Wigeon, River Lapwing, Oriental Skylark, Great Barbet, Golden-throated Barbet, Blue-throated Barbet, Rufous-necked Hornbill, White-throated Laughing thrush, Chetnut-crowned and Laughing thrush.
- After breakfast, drive towards Thimphu.
- On the way you can start Birding along the road.
- Dinner and overnight stay will be in a hotel in Thimphu.
Day 3: Thimphu to Punakha.
Bird species available: Grey-winged Blackbird, White-collared Blackbird, Plain-backed Thrush, Rusty-flanked Tree creeper, Greenish Warbler, Great Barbet, Red-flanked Bluetail, Golden Bush Robin, White-browed Fulvetta, Rufous Sibia, Mrs Gould's Sunbird, Ashy-throated Warbler, Short-billed Minivet, Rosy Pipit, Maroon Oriole, Blue-fronted Redstart, Crimson-breasted Woodpecker, Rufous-breasted Bush Robin, Whiskered Yuhina Green-tailed Sunbird, Hill Partridge, Collared Owlet, Rufous-gorgeted Flycatcher, Red-vented Bulbul, Common Myna, Oriental Turtle Dove, Eurasian Hoopoe, Russet Sparrow, Eurasian Tree Sparrow, White-throated Laughing thrush, Yellow-billed Blue Magpie, Rufous-winged Fulvetta, White-browed Fulvetta, Black Bulbul, White-naped Yuhina, Common Merganser, Ibisbill, White-bellied Heron, Palla’s Fish Eagle
- After breakfast, drive towards Punakha. You will travel through Chir pine forest, mixed conifer forest and broadleaved forest as you ascend towards Dochu-La.
- Dinner and overnight stay in a hotel in Punakha.
Day 4: Punakha to Shatem Camp.
Species of Birds Available: Ruddy Shelduck, River Lapwing, Common Kingfisher, Common Merganser, Common Hoopoe, Siberian Stonechat, Rufous-cheeked Scimitar Babbler, Long-tailed Shrike, Grey-backed Shrike, Hodgson’s Redstart, Ibisbill, Northern Pintail, Eurasian Wigeon, Mallard, Bar-headed Geese, Common Buzzard, Brown Dipper, Oriental Magpie Robin, Scaly-breasted Munia, Crested Bunting, Yellow-bellied Fantail, Grey-cheeked Warbler, Grey-hooded Warbler, Hume’s Warbler, Lemon-rumped Warbler, Oriental White-eye, Grey Wagtail, Grey Treepie, Red-crested Pochard, Tufted Duck, Eurasian Teal, Ferruginous Duck, Pallas’ Fish Eagle, Common Sandpiper, Crested Kingfisher, Rufous Sibia, Striated Prinia, Long-tailed Minivet, Dark-sided Flycatcher, White-throated Laughing thrush, Grey Treepie, Rufous-winged Fulvetta, Barred Cuckoo Dove, Grey-headed Canary Flycatcher, Red-tailed Minla, Black-throated Tit, Asian Brown Flycatcher, Slaty-blue Flycatcher, Scaly-backed Forktail, Striated Laughing thrush, Rufous-bellied Niltava, Nepal House Martin, Slaty-backed Flycatcher, Nepal Fulvetta, Lesser Shortwing , Yellow-vented Warbler, White-spectacled Warbler, White-throated Fantail, White-bellied Epornis, Rufous-capped Babbler, Great Barbet, Orange-bellied Leafbird, Black-throated Sunbird, Kalij Pheasant, Asian Barred Owlet ,Large Niltava, Long-tailed Thrush, Chestnut-crowned Laughing thrush
- After breakfast, drive towards Jigme Dorji National Park. Crossing through Chir pine and broadleaved forest, you camp a night in Shatem in Jigme Dorji National Park. More than 365 species of birds have been recorded and 200 are believed to be residing in this national park and is the second largest protected areas of Bhutan.
- Dinner and overnight halt will be at the shatem campsite.
Day 5: Shatem camp to Phobjikha.
Species of Birds Available: Himalayan Greenfinch, Great Barbet, Golden-throated Barbet, Blue-throated Barbet, Black-throated Sunbird, Himalayan Swiftlet, Scarlet Minivet, Long-tailed Minivet, Bar-winged Flycatcher Shrike, White-tailed, Chestnut-bellied Nuthatch, Oriental White-eye, Fire-breasted Flowerpecker, Speckled Piculet, Black-eared Shrike Babbler, Rosy Pipit, Besra, Crested Serpent Eagle, Pygmy Wren Babbler, Yellow-rumped Honeyguide, Chestnut-tailed Minla, White-throated Fantail, Green-tailed Sunbird, Mrs Gould's Sunbird, Winter Wren, Black-necked Crane, Hen Harrier, Common Buzzard, Red-billed Chough, White-browed Rosefinch, Crimson-browed Finch, Himalayan Griffon Vulture, Great Parrotbill.
- After breakfast, you will drive towards Phobjikha, a large wetland valley offering you the most scenic valleys and winter home of the black necked cranes.
- Dinner and overnight halt will be in a hotel in Phobjikha.
Day 6: Phobjikha to Trongsa.
Species of Birds available: White-collared Blackbird, Winter Wren, Himalayan Monal, Satyr Tragopan, Alpine Accentor, White-browed Rosefinch, Great Parrotbill, Dark-throated Thrush, Hoary-throated Barwing, Black-faced Laughing thrush, Stripe-throated Yuhina, Rufous-gorgeted Flycatcher, Rufous Sibia, White-browed Bush Robin, Black-throated, Chestnut-crowned Laughing thrush, Golden-breasted Fulvetta, Eurasian Jay, Himalayan Swiftlet.
- After breakfast, visit Gangtey Gompa in Gangtey village and drive towards Trongsa.
- Bird watching along the road. We will halt in many places where we can get closer proximity to the birds.
- Dinner and overnight stay will be in a hotel.
Day 7: Trongsa to Zhemgang.
Species of Birds Available: Yellow-browed Tit, White-throated Laughing thrush, Streak-breasted Scimitar Babbler, Brownish-flanked Bush Warbler, Verditer Flycatcher, Lemon-rumped Warbler, Hume's Warbler, Tickell's Leaf Warbler, Crested Bunting, House Swift, Eurasian Kestrel, Chestnut-bellied Rock Thrush, Blue Rock Thrush, Ashy Bulbul, Golden-fronted Leafbird, Blythe's Leaf Warbler, Pacific Swift, Greater Spotted Eagle, Black Drongo, Ashy Bulbul, Mountain Bulbul, Striated Bulbul, Black-crested Bulbul, Great Barbet, Blue-throated Barbet, Striated Yuhina, Black-chinned Yuhina, Whiskered Yuhina, Slaty-bellied Tesia, Asian Barred Owlet, Grey-headed Parrotbill, White-crested Laughing Thrush, Speckled Woodpigeon, Spotted Dove, Beautiful Nuthatch
- After breakfast, commence your journey towards Zhemgang. This district is one of the most diverse in its topography and biodiversity. A rich variety of flora and fauna is found in this area, you will be crossing through broadleaved forest, vast areas of settlement and mixed chirpine broadleaf forest. People there speak “khengkha “as their local dialect.
- Dinner and overnight stay will be in a hotel in Zhemgang.
Day 8: Zhemgang to Gelephu.
- After breakfast, drive to Gelephu. You can have an excellent birding tour along this route as well.
- Dinner and overnight stay will be in a hotel in Gelephu.
Day 9: Gelephu to Bagdogra.
- After an early breakfast, drive to Bagdogra. Bagdogra is the only Airport in Siliguri , west Bengal.
- Dinner and overnight halt in a hotel in Siliguri.
Day 10: Departures from Bagdogra.
- After breakfast, drive to the Airport and farewell.