Day 1: Arrival in Paro.
Our representative from Bhutanitis Travels will be there at the airport to receive you and transfer you to the hotel.
- Visit the nearby Ta Dzong (the national museum), and Rinpung Dzong.
- Dinner and overnight stay at hotel. Food and accommodation will be arranged as per your reservations.
Day 2: Excursion to Paro Taktshang.
- take a hike to the tiger’s nest (Paro Taktshang), the most visited tourist destination in Bhutan.
- After a tiring hike to Paro Taktshang, take a hot bath to relax and rejuvenate in the hotel. Free to explore the local handicrafts shops within Paro.
Day 3: Paro to Thimphu.
After breakfast, drive towards Thimphu.
- Visit the Takin preservation center in Motithang, on the way to Motithang visit Changgangkha Lhakhang.
- Visit Dechenphu Lhakhang.
- Dinner and overnight stay in hotel in Thimphu
Food and accommodation will be according to your reservations.
Day 4 : Thimphu sight-seeing.
- visit KuenselPhodrang, where the largest statue of sitting Buddha is located overlooking the capital city of Thimphu. It will give you a panoramic view of the entire stretch of the city.
- visit Thimphu memorial Chorten and Centenary Park.
- Check into the hotel and rest for the day. Before dinner you are also welcome to explore some of the most famous tourist cafes around Thimphu and enjoy an evening show in the clock tower performed by local artists and singers.
Day 5: Genekha to Gur - Trek Day 1.
- After breakfast, your transportation will drop you until Genekha, where the trek begins. The trek starts at beautiful Genekha village and begins with a short descent of about 210 m to the river.
- After crossing the river you ascent about 550 m until you reach a huge rock platform from where you have a picturesque view of the valley below.
- After another two hours you reach Gur, an area of yak pastures located just below the main trail. A regular climber takes around 5 hours of walk in the whole trek but we have plenty of time to sit back and relax until we reach our campsite.
Lunch will be served on the way. Dinner and overnight halt at the Gur Campsite.
Day 6: Gur to Labatama - Trek Day 2.
- On the 2nd day, the trail takes you across the high ridges from where you can truly appreciate the rugged beauty of your surroundings and the mountain vegetation. The path winds through refreshing meadows adorned with wild flowers and asparagus (in spring).
- The first mountain pass you cross is marked by a huge cairn and gives a spectacular view of Kangchenjunga (8586m) and a number of the Bhutanese Himalayan peaks. As you descend the pass you will be able to see the entirety of the Dagala mountain range including meadows and yak herder camps.
- Once you have descended into the Labatama valley you begin climbing gradually through the valley, passing several yak herder huts before you arrive at Uthso Tsho. We camp overnight right next to the lake at an altitude of 4300 m.
Lunch will be served on the way. Dinner and overnight halt at the Labatama Campsite.
Day 7: Labatama Halt - Trek Day 3.
- This day will be dedicated to relaxing and recuperating at Labatama. It is an ideal to take an excursion to any of three nearby lakes, Reli Tsho, Hen Tsho and Jama Tsho.
- Hikers are encouraged to take the opportunity to engage in some trout fishing as the location is ideal. Permits are required for fishing so you should request your tour operator to make the necessary arrangements beforehand.
Lunch will be served at the camp at noon. Dinner and overnight halt at the Labatama Campsite.
Day 8: Labatama to Panka - Trek Day 4.
- Today the Trail climbs along the western side of Dala Tsho up to a saddle at 4,520 m. From here onwards you will have a fantastic view of the majestic Himalayan peaks all through the descent. The mountain peaks visible include Mt. Everest (8848m), Mt. Kanchenjunga (8586m), Mt. Jomolhari (7326m), Mt. Jichu Drake(6662m), Mt. Tshering Gang, Mt. Khangbum, Mt. Masang Gang, Mt. Tsende Gang and Mt. Gangche Ta. If you want an even better view, you can climb a peak close to the saddle with an altitude of 4,720 m.
- From the saddle the path descends, passing some yak herder huts to Doccha Chhu. You follow the river for a while, but stay higher up on the slope to reach Panka with ascents and descents along the way. We camp for the night at an altitude of 4,000 m.
Lunch will be served at the camp at noon. Dinner and overnight halt at the Panka Campsite.
Day 9: Panka to Talakha - Trek Day 5.
- This day entails the crossing of several passes but none of them require a major climb. The total distance to be covered today will be about 8 km. You should keep your eyes open for different varieties of blue poppy usually sighted in the month of June to July and mountain birds while in this area. After crossing the last pass, Tale-La at an altitude of 4,180 m, you start a long descent to Talakha Gompa of about 110 m. The Whole trek is estimated to take not more than 5 to 6 hours at the maximum. we will be retreating for the night in the camp right beside the monastery at an altitude of 3080 m and wake up to the early morning prayers of the monks. From here you will be treated to a great view of Bhutan’s capital Thimphu.
Lunch will be served at the camp at noon. Dinner and overnight halt at the Talakha
Day 10: Talakha to Chamgang - Trek Day 6.
Today is the last day of the trek. The trek comes to an end after 3 hours of descent from Talakha to Chamgang village, of about 440 m. From the monastery it’s a short walk down to the feeder road which will lead you to the village of Chamgang. The concluding trek is only at a distance of 6 kilometres.
Day 11: Thimphu to Punakha via Wangdiphodrang.
After an early breakfast,
- drive towards Punakha, halt in Dochula pass for photography. Lunch will be served in Lobesa (metsina)
- Visit the Wangdiphodrang Dzong (works of restoration is on-going due to the fire that razed the Majestic Dzong in 2012)
- On the way to Punakha, visit Chimi Lhakhang and the Punakha Dzong.
Dinner and overnight at a hotel in Punakha.
Day 12: Punakha to Paro.
- drive towards Paro, on the way to Paro, visit Tachogang Lhakhang, and experience the thrilling experience of walking the suspension bridge that leads to the Temple.
Dinner and overnight stay at a hotel in Paro.
Day 13: Departures from Paro Airport.
After breakfast, drive to the airport and we bid you farewell.