Day 1: Arrival in Paro
- Our representative from Bhutanitis Travels will be there at the airport to receive you and transfer you to the hotel.
- Visit the nearby Ta Dzong, and Ringung Dzong.
- Dinner and overnight at hotel
Food and accommodation will be arranged as per your reservations.
Day 2: Excursion to Paro Taktshang
- After breakfast, take a hike to the Tiger’s Nest (Paro Taktshang), the most visited tourist destination in Bhutan.
- After a tiring day long hike to Paro Taktshang, take a hot bath to relax and rejuvenate in the hotel. Free to explore the local handicrafts shops within Paro.
Day 3: Paro to shana
- After breakfast , drive towards Drukgyel, begin the trek from Drukgyel Dzong
Begin with a short downhill walk on a wide track. The trail then climbs gently through well maintained rice terraces and field of millet. Later on we come to apple orchards and forests. Soon the valley widens, and we reach the army post of Gunitsawa. We continue upwards to just beyond Sharma Zampa where there are several good camping places in meadows surrounded by trees.
- Dinner and Overnight at campsite.
Day 4: Shana Zampa to Soe Thangthangkha
- After breakfast , being The trek from Paro river
Following the trails of the river ,ascending and descending through pine, oak and spruce forest .After crossing a bridge to the left bank of the river, we stop for lunch. Then continue along the river, climbing upwards through Rhododendron forest, and crossing the river once more before reaching the campsite.
- Dinner and Overnight at Soe Thangthangkha.
Day 5: Soe Thangthangkha – Jangothang
- After breakfast , being the trek from Soe Thangthangkha
The path ascends for a while until we reach the army camp. We then follow the river above the tree line, enjoying stunning views of the surrounding peaks.
- Lunch will be served at a yak herder’s camp. A short walk from here into the valley takes us to our campsite at Jangothang. From here the views of Jhomolhari and JichuDrake are amazing.
- Dinner and overnight camping at Jangothang.
Day 6: Jangothang – Dangojang (festival day 1)
Today we hike back to witness the 1st
day of mountain festival. Marchang ceremony before the festival commences followed by welcome dance and local song by Soe community. There will be opening of the stalls by the chief guest followed by yak and horse show. After lunch open competition for entertainment like Khuru, shot-put and horse riding/yak riding. In the evening hike back to Jangothang at the base camp.
Day 7: Jangothang -Dangojang (festival day 2)
- After breakfast, being The trek from
- Optional 2nd day festival. Trekking activities to the finest sights in Soe guided by the natives. After lunch visitors would also witness the cultural performances including folk dances and traditional handicraft exhibition by the local communities to entertain the large congregation of spectators. In addition, the communities will also host the visitors in the home stays and cook local food from their own kitchen.
- The food options depend on what is growing in the kitchen gardens.
- Hike back to Jangothang at base camp.
Day 8: Jangothang- lingshi
- After breakfast , being the trek from Jangothang
- The trail follows a gentle stream for half an hour and crosses a bridge to the right bank. We now start our climb up the first ridge, enjoying breathtaking views of Chomolhari, Jichu Drake and Tserimgang. The trail then takes us across a fairly level valley floor until the climb up to Nyele-la Pass (4700m). We descend gradually enjoying a panoramic view of the mountainous peaks and Lingshi Dzong from the pass until we reach our campsite at Lingshi.
- Dinner and Overnight camping at lingshi campsite
Day 9: lingshi – shodu
- After breakfast , being The trek from lingshi
Our trail climbs up towards a small white chorten on a ridge above the camp, then turns south up the deep Mo Chu valley. The trail stays on the West side of this largely treeless valley, climbing steadily a short distance above the Mo Chu. It then crosses the river, and climbs steeply for two hours to Yeli-La . On clear day you can see Chomolhari, Gangchenta, Tserimgang and Masagang from this pass. The trail then descends alongside a stream to a rock shelter in a cliff face
. It then continues on downstream until reaching Shodu , where we will camp in a meadow with a chorten in it.
- Dinner and overnight camping at shodu.
Day 10: shodu – Barshong
- After breakfast , being The trek from shodu
The path follows the course of the Thimphu Chu, descending through Rhododendron, Juniper and mixed alpine forests. There are stunning views along the way.
- halt at the riverside for lunch. Then the trail takes us gradually upwards to the ruins of Barshong Dzong , near which we camp for the night.
- Dinner and Overnight camping at Barshong.
Day 11: Barshong – Dolam Kencho
- After breakfast , being The trek from Barshong
The trail descends gently through a dense forest of Rhododendron, Birch and conifers, then drops steeply to meet the Thimphu Chu. The trail runs along the left bank of the river, climbing over ridges and descending into gullies where side streams run down into the river. The final stage of the trail climbs around a cliff face high above the Thimphu Chu, coming out onto Pastureland where we camp for the night.
- Dinner and Overnight camping at Dolam Kencho.
Day 12: Dolam Kencho – Dodena /Thimphu
- After breakfast , being The trek from Barshong
The trail winds in and out of a side valley above the Thimphu chu, making a long ascent through a forest of conifers and high altitude broadleaf species to a pass at 3510m. The trail then drops steeply down to the river, following it southward to the road head at Doden).
- Vehicles will be awaiting for you at this spot , and we drive to Thimphu.
- Dinner and Overnight at hotel in Thimphu.
Day 13: Thimphu – Paro
- After breakfast, Enjoy sightseeing in Thimphu beginning with a visit to the National Memorial Chorten.. Changangkha lhakhang, folk Heritage Museum and the kuenselphodrang where the largest sitting Buddha in the world is located.
- After lunch, free to visit the local handicrafts bazaar in Thimphu and drive towards Paro. Overnight stay at your hotel in Paro.
Day 14: Paro Departure
- After Breakfast, drive to the airport, our representative will bid you farewell and good luck for you safe journey. Tashi Delek!